* The Invasion of the Zombie Summaries
@ 2001-09-25 19:10 Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2001-09-25 19:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

I enter a group, read a message, begin composing a followup.  I
realize that I need to read more info from that group.  So I use C-x b
to switch to the summary buffer, hit M-g to fetch new mail, select one
of the new articles that I find.  I find what I'm looking for, so I
use C-x b to switch back to the followup I was composing.  I finish
the followup.  I hit C-c C-c.

I get warped into a dead summary buffer rather than the live one!

Can you reproduce this behavior?  Where does the dead summary buffer
come from?

kai
--
Symbol's function definition is void: signature

* Re: The Invasion of the Zombie Summaries
@ 2001-09-25 19:56 ` ShengHuo ZHU
From: ShengHuo ZHU @ 2001-09-25 19:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

> I enter a group, read a message, begin composing a followup.  I
> realize that I need to read more info from that group.  So I use C-x b
> to switch to the summary buffer, hit M-g to fetch new mail, select one
> of the new articles that I find.  I find what I'm looking for, so I
> use C-x b to switch back to the followup I was composing.  I finish
> the followup.  I hit C-c C-c.
>
> I get warped into a dead summary buffer rather than the live one!
>
> Can you reproduce this behavior?  Where does the dead summary buffer
> come from?

M-g exits from the summary buffer, then reenters the group.  Try "/ N"
instead.

ShengHuo

* Re: The Invasion of the Zombie Summaries
@ 2001-09-26  3:04   ` Dan Christensen
From: Dan Christensen @ 2001-09-26  3:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

ShengHuo ZHU <zsh@cs.rochester.edu> writes:

> M-g exits from the summary buffer, then reenters the group.  Try "/ N"
> instead.

I couldn't find the function gnus-summary-insert-new-articles
in the info pages.  Did I miss it, or does this need to be
documented.

Great feature, thanks for pointing it out.

--
Dan Christensen
jdc+news@uwo.ca

* Re: The Invasion of the Zombie Summaries
@ 2001-09-26  4:25     ` ShengHuo ZHU
From: ShengHuo ZHU @ 2001-09-26  4:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dan Christensen <jdc+news@uwo.ca> writes:

> ShengHuo ZHU <zsh@cs.rochester.edu> writes:
>
>> M-g exits from the summary buffer, then reenters the group.  Try "/ N"
>> instead.
>
> I couldn't find the function gnus-summary-insert-new-articles
> in the info pages.  Did I miss it, or does this need to be
> documented.
>
> Great feature, thanks for pointing it out.

Documented.

ShengHuo

* Re: The Invasion of the Zombie Summaries
@ 2001-09-26 20:05   ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2001-09-26 20:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

ShengHuo ZHU <zsh@cs.rochester.edu> writes:

> M-g exits from the summary buffer, then reenters the group.  Try "/ N"
> instead.

That works much better, thanks.

kai
--