I wrote rfc2015.el, which is supposed to fill the gap between Gnus 5.8 and mailcrypt. Because it is not finished, I just put it in contrib directory. To initialize it, say (require 'rfc2015) (rfc2015-setup) Of course, you should also initialize mailcrypt. To sign something, say <#part type="text/plain" disposition=inline postprocess=pgp-sign> The text to sign. <#/part> To encrypt something, say <#part type="image/jpeg" filename="to-encrypt.jpg" postprocess=pgp-encrypt> <#/part> TODO: 1. Verify message. 2. Automatically snarf the recipient's email address when encrypting. Shenghuo PS: This message is signed. My public key is at http://www.cs.rochester.edu/u/zsh/zsh.asc. Unfortunately, it can not be verified in Gnus right now. :-(