* MIME actions
@ 2000-05-11 16:14 Bruce Z. Lysik
From: Bruce Z. Lysik @ 2000-05-11 16:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi guys,

In trying to deal with people at work who insist on sending MS Word
document attachments, I've set up wvHtml to convert Word files.

Now I'm looking for a way to hook up wvHtml to the action of clicking
on the MIME part "application/msword".  Any tips?

Hrm.  While thinking about it, this would have wvHtml would create an
html file, which would then require w3 to be read.

Has anyone here done something like this?

--
Bruce Z. Lysik  <eldrik@logrus.com>   http://www.logrus.com/~eldrik
GCS d++(-) a-- C++ ULS+++$ P+++$ L++ E+ W+++ N++ w--- M-- V PS PE

* Re: MIME actions
@ 2000-05-12 15:50 ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2000-05-12 15:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

eldrik@logrus.com (Bruce Z. Lysik) writes:

> Now I'm looking for a way to hook up wvHtml to the action of clicking
> on the MIME part "application/msword".  Any tips?

In your ~/.mailcap:

application/msword; wvHtml %s

This assumes that wvHtml accepts a file name as arg, as represented by
%s.

Dunno how to do the filtering thing.

kai
--
Beware of flying birch trees.

* Re: MIME actions
@ 2000-05-12 16:21 ` Shenghuo ZHU
From: Shenghuo ZHU @ 2000-05-12 16:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

BZL> Hi guys,
BZL> In trying to deal with people at work who insist on sending MS Word
BZL> document attachments, I've set up wvHtml to convert Word files.

BZL> Now I'm looking for a way to hook up wvHtml to the action of clicking
BZL> on the MIME part "application/msword".  Any tips?

BZL> Hrm.  While thinking about it, this would have wvHtml would create an
BZL> html file, which would then require w3 to be read.

To view the part in Emacs, you need create a function and put an entry
into mailcap-mime-data.  To show the part inline, you need add entries
into the following variables: mm-inline-media-tests, mm-inlined-types,
maybe mm-automatic-display.  Also, you'd better read mm-inline-text
for rendering html with w3.

BZL> Has anyone here done something like this?

There are some codes to render text/html with "lynx -dump". But I can
not remember where it is.

Shenghuo