* MIMEish uudecodable portions are misnumbered.
@ 1998-11-23 21:47 Karl Kleinpaste
From: Karl Kleinpaste @ 1998-11-23 21:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

If one is looking at a message whose body contains 2 uuencoded images,
so that the message is displayed in the MIMEish manner, the available-
for-viewing parts are misnumbered.  E.g., I just experimented with a
couple of messages which have a bit of ordinary text, then 2 images,
with 1 blank line separating text from uuencoding, and separating 1
uuencoding from the other.  The display of the body is

	intro text

	[ 2. image/jpeg (somefilename.jpg)]

	[ 4. image/jpeg (someotherfile.jpg)]

"3" is conspicuously absent.

It's not much of a bug, of course, but I am curious as to what would
cause the pseudoMIME analysis to miss "3" somehow.

* Re: MIMEish uudecodable portions are misnumbered.
@ 1998-11-24  4:20 ` Shenghuo ZHU
From: Shenghuo ZHU @ 1998-11-24  4:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

KK> If one is looking at a message whose body contains 2 uuencoded images,
KK> so that the message is displayed in the MIMEish manner, the available-
KK> for-viewing parts are misnumbered.  E.g., I just experimented with a
KK> couple of messages which have a bit of ordinary text, then 2 images,
KK> with 1 blank line separating text from uuencoding, and separating 1
KK> uuencoding from the other.  The display of the body is

KK> 	intro text

KK> 	[ 2. image/jpeg (somefilename.jpg)]

KK> 	[ 4. image/jpeg (someotherfile.jpg)]

KK> "3" is conspicuously absent.

KK> It's not much of a bug, of course, but I am curious as to what
KK> would cause the pseudoMIME analysis to miss "3" somehow.

The blank line causes "3". If you check
`gnus-article-mime-handle-alist', you will find that "3" is a
"text/plain" part.

--
Shenghuo