* [gnu.emacs.gnus] Re: Old Mails in OE format
@ 2001-08-10 14:08 Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2001-08-10 14:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: Yongtao Yang

It seems that nndoc groks some OE files but not all.  Below, you can
find a description of what happens.

Does anyone know what to do?

kai
--
~/.signature: No such file or directory

[-- Attachment #2: Type: message/rfc822, Size: 190687 bytes --]

[-- Attachment #2.1.1: Type: text/plain, Size: 1122 bytes --]

Kai.Grossjohann@CS.Uni-Dortmund.DE  writes:

> Yongtao Yang <yangyongtao@yahoo.com> writes:
>
> > Does anybody here know how to incorporate old mails of  Outlook Express
> > into gnus? I have tried to treat them like document groups 'G f' but it
> > seems gnus does not recognize the format.
>
> I think Gnus wants to grok them.  Can you post a small one (as
> attachment, perhaps) as a bug report, so that it can be fixed?
>
> kai

OK, here I attached an OE mail box file, it contains three digest
mails from a mail list.

Some maillists provide their subscribers an option that they can
receive one digest mail eveeryday contains all mails sent to that
maillist during that day.

The problem here is that only the contents of the first digest mail
were shown, the rest disappeared. And the contents of the first mail
were shown as several individual mails, not as one digest mail.

Some information probably useful:
Windows NT : 4.00.1381
Outlook Exprress : 5.50.4522.1200

Emacs : 20.7
Gnus  : 5.08.08

Also tried to read the mail box file under
SuSE Linux 6.2 + Emacs 20.3 + Gnus 5.08.08 and got the same result.

[-- Attachment #2.1.2: OE mail --]

[-- Attachment #2.1.3: Type: text/plain, Size: 49 bytes --]

--
Yongtao Yang

email: yangyongtao@yahoo.com

* Re: [gnu.emacs.gnus] Re: Old Mails in OE format
@ 2001-08-11  4:41 ` ShengHuo ZHU
From: ShengHuo ZHU @ 2001-08-11  4:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: Yongtao Yang

> It seems that nndoc groks some OE files but not all.  Below, you can
> find a description of what happens.
>
> Does anyone know what to do?

Done in the Gnus CVS.

ShengHuo