* Re: gnus-group-parameters-more' value as variable is void
       [not found] <0vn168q5wl.fsf@cs.uni-magdeburg.de>
@ 2001-07-13 17:04 ` François Pinard
From: François Pinard @ 2001-07-13 17:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: Forum of ding/Gnus users

[Roland Jesse]

   From: Roland Jesse <jesse@mail.CS.Uni-Magdeburg.De>
   Subject: gnus-group-parameters-more' value as variable is void
   To: ding@hpc.uh.edu

Oops!  This one did not pass through my SPAM filter...  What is that
`ding@hpc.uh.edu' address?  Should it not be `ding@gnus.org'?

@ 2001-07-13 17:27 ` ShengHuo ZHU
From: ShengHuo ZHU @ 2001-07-13 17:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

Roland Jesse <jesse@mail.CS.Uni-Magdeburg.De> writes:

> Hi,
>
> in order to look for the latest and greatest pgp mime support in the
> current development Gnus, I checked out the CVS tree, byte compiled
> (make'd) everything and fired up "M-x gnus RET".
>
> All that leaves me with is:
>
>         Symbol's value as variable is void: gnus-group-parameters-more
>
> As "C-h v gnus-group-parameters-more RET" is not possible (No match)
> and gnus.el only declares it with:
>
>         (defvar gnus-group-parameters-more nil)
>
> and does not come around to actually set it to something in
> gnus-define-group-parameter, I am wondering what I might be supposed
> to set now.
>
> Any ideas? Or am I completely in the wrong list here?

Maybe you loaded a wrong gnus.el.  M-x list-load-path-shadows may help
you.

ShengHuo

* Re: gnus-group-parameters-more' value as variable is void
@ 2001-07-13 20:45   ` Matt Christian
From: Matt Christian @ 2001-07-13 20:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

pinard@iro.umontreal.ca (François Pinard) writes:

> [Roland Jesse]
>
>    From: Roland Jesse <jesse@mail.CS.Uni-Magdeburg.De>
>    Subject: gnus-group-parameters-more' value as variable is void
>    To: ding@hpc.uh.edu
>
> Oops!  This one did not pass through my SPAM filter...  What is that
> `ding@hpc.uh.edu' address?  Should it not be `ding@gnus.org'?

It seems to be an alias for the ding mailing list or am I totally wrong?

Anyway, I use the following regexp in my nnmail-split-methods to match
ding messages:

"\(To\|Cc\|Resent\-From\):.*ding@\(hpc\.uh\.edu\|gnus\.org\)"

Hope this helps.

- Matt

--
Matt Christian - mattc@visi.com
http://www.visi.com/~mattc/

* Re: gnus-group-parameters-more' value as variable is void
@ 2001-07-16  7:35   ` Roland Jesse
From: Roland Jesse @ 2001-07-16  7:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

ShengHuo ZHU <zsh@cs.rochester.edu> writes:

> Maybe you loaded a wrong gnus.el.  M-x list-load-path-shadows may help
> you.

It was bbdb pointing to my default Gnus version that caused this
error. It starts up fine now.

        Roland

* Re: gnus-group-parameters-more' value as variable is void
@ 2001-07-16 21:24   ` Jason R. Mastaler
From: Jason R. Mastaler @ 2001-07-16 21:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

Although `ding@gnus.org' is the canonical address, your filter should
probably accommodate either one.  `ding@gnus.org' is forwarded to