From: ShengHuo ZHU <zsh@cs.rochester.edu>
Cc: ding@gnus.org, bugs@gnus.org
Subject: Re: HELP PLEASE ! How to fetch mails from HOTMAIL.COM with GNUS/webmail & W3 ?
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2001 12:30:54 -0500	[thread overview]

Michael Huehne <mhuehne@mac.com> writes:

> Hello Gnus Team and Users,
>
> EXCUSES:----------------------
>
> Please excuse me, when I am sending this mail to the wrong group.
> I am uncertain if webmail.el's Hotmail reading capabilities are broken,
> or I am to stupid to configure it correctly.

It is broken, partially because webmail.el cannot login MS passport.
Currently, I have no idea how to get through it.

[...]

> In worse case: Any other way / tip (even tricky) to do one final mail
> merge between GNUS and HOTMAIL would be appreciated. How can point me
> to a possible solution ?

A possible solution is to use Outlook Express to fetch mails from
Hotmail, then read those folders with nndoc, or convert the dbx format
to mbox format with ol2mbox or dbx2mbx.

    http://mbx2mbox.sourceforge.net/
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/ol2mbox

OE uses an unknown protocol to talk with Hotmail. If someone can
decode that, that would be a better solution.

ShengHuo