* raw preview bug?
@ 2001-07-02  8:14 Vladimir Volovich
From: Vladimir Volovich @ 2001-07-02  8:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

C-u g (raw article preview) shows 8-bit characters not as octal
sequences, but as encoded characters.

as a result, when i preview an article in koi8-r and 8-bit CTE, the
buffer contains meaningless cyrillic letters (as if they were not in
koi8-r but in iso-8859-5).

and the buffer in the raw preview is not unibyte, but it should be
unibyte.

previously, all this worked properly. not it is broken.

Best,
v.

* Re: raw preview bug?
@ 2001-07-02 18:20 ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2001-07-02 18:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

On Mon, 02 Jul 2001, Vladimir Volovich wrote:

> previously, all this worked properly. not it is broken.

What do you mean by `previously' and by `now'?  What has changed?

kai
--
~/.signature: No such file or directory

* Re: raw preview bug?
@ 2001-07-02 18:32   ` Vladimir Volovich
From: Vladimir Volovich @ 2001-07-02 18:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

"KG" == Kai Großjohann writes:

 >> previously, all this worked properly. not it is broken.

 KG> What do you mean by `previously' and by `now'?  What has changed?

'previously' means in some older versions of gnus (somewhere in oort
gnus 0.03). 'now' is in current version of gnus.

previously, raw previewing generated an unibyte buffer, where 8-bit
characters were shown as octal sequences like \302

now, 8-bit characters are showed wrong -- as arbitrarily encoded
according to the curent language environment, and not corresponding to
the actual charset of an article (which could be multipart and
multi-charset).

Best,
v.

* Re: raw preview bug?
@ 2001-07-02 19:18     ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2001-07-02 19:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

On Mon, 02 Jul 2001, Vladimir Volovich wrote:

> 'previously' means in some older versions of gnus (somewhere in oort
> gnus 0.03). 'now' is in current version of gnus.

Thanks.  I'm afraid I know nothing about the Mule-y parts of Gnus, so
I can't really comment on it.  But maybe one of the gurus knows?

kai
--

@ 2001-07-03  0:24     ` ShengHuo ZHU
From: ShengHuo ZHU @ 2001-07-03  0:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

Vladimir Volovich <vvv@vsu.ru> writes:

> "KG" == Kai Großjohann writes:
>
> >> previously, all this worked properly. not it is broken.
>
> KG> What do you mean by `previously' and by `now'?  What has changed?
>
> 'previously' means in some older versions of gnus (somewhere in oort
> gnus 0.03). 'now' is in current version of gnus.
>
> previously, raw previewing generated an unibyte buffer, where 8-bit
> characters were shown as octal sequences like \302
>
> now, 8-bit characters are showed wrong -- as arbitrarily encoded
> according to the curent language environment, and not corresponding to
> the actual charset of an article (which could be multipart and
> multi-charset).

I can see \337 in Kai's name and 8-bit characters in a koi-8r message,
probably because I use English as current-language-environment.
Anyway, I didn't see anything related changed since 0.03.

ShengHuo