Colin Walters writes: > Hello, > > On "GNU Emacs 21.0.91.1 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit) > of Sun 2000-11-19 on meta" > > when sending mail, message.el generates the headers here on line 2515: > > ;; Insert some headers. > (message-generate-headers message-required-news-headers) > > where the Message-ID, Lines, Date, etc are generated. Then, > message.el generates these headers again on line 2538: > > ;; We (re)generate the Lines header. > (when (memq 'Lines message-required-mail-headers) > (message-generate-headers '(Lines))) > > The comment by the second generation seems to say that only the Lines > header will be regenerated; in fact, all headers with the > 'message-deletable text property are deleted, including the > Message-ID, but are not restored, because only the '(Lines) header is > passed as a header to generate the second time. > > The following gross hack cures the symptoms, but I think message.el > should be fixed to not require the headers to be generated twice. Thank you for the analysis. Try this patch. ShengHuo