When I enter an article with non-ASCII in subject to cache, \201 appears in summary buffer when I reenter the group. The reason is that gnus-cache-possibly-enter-article uses the existing headers which may contain mule characters. I guess this may also cause Kai's bug. Here are two patches. The first forces gnus-cache-possibly-enter-article to re-parse the headers. The second does a deep clean job, removing parameter `headers' of gnus-cache-possibly-enter-article. -- Shenghuo ZHU Sun May 2 00:55:54 1999 Shenghuo ZHU * gnus-cache.el (gnus-cache-possibly-enter-article): Re-parse header.