On 26 Oct 1998 15:50:14 +0100, Stefan Waldherr (aka "Stefan"), regarding 'Feature wish: auto-marking gcc'ed stuff read', said: Stefan> Hi, Stefan> It would really be kewl, if gnus could automatically mark gcc'ed messages Stefan> read. It's really annoying to do this manually. Since I'm an elisp novice, has Stefan> anyone developed a strategy/function? Is this, by any chance, already on the Stefan> todo list? [...] Hi! I've been there and the patch attached (valid for 5.6.4x, didn't test under pgnus yet) does this except for a minor problem for which I'm asking for help to all of you.... It works except for the current group. That is it does not mark as read the article in the current open group, but if you have multiple Gcc groups all the other work ok. Does anyone have a clue ? As you can see by the patch I even try to get new news but that doesn't regenerate summary or makes the Article available for marking. Best regards, Nelson