From: Mike Kupfer <mike.kupfer@xemacs.org>
To: Katsumi Yamaoka <yamaoka@jpl.org>
Cc: ding@gnus.org
Subject: Re: auto auto-expirable
Date: Sun, 31 May 2009 20:36:47 -0700	[thread overview]

KY> The attached patch solves it, i.e., read articles copied or moved to
KY> auto-expirable group are automatically marked as expirable.  Does
KY> anyone see any harm with this change?

Hi, I'm not sure I understand the implications of your proposal.  My
current email workflow is a mixture of MH-E and Gnus, all using MH
folders.  I'm on several high-traffic mailing lists, so I use a
filtering script to assign incoming mail to various folders, which I
read with Gnus.

Sometimes the scripts assign a message to the wrong folder.  Currently,
I just save the message to the correct folder and then deal with it
while reading that other folder.

Now, if I understand your proposal, it sounds like I would need to
remember to clear the "expirable" mark before saving the message.  If
that's correct, it seems awkward and easy to forget to do.  So I'd
prefer to keep the current behavior.  Perhaps there should be a
customization flag to control the behavior?

cheers,
mike