Frank Küster writes: > Satyaki Das schrieb: > > > I don't think the "$" char is the problem. I tried changing my > > passphrase to contain a "$" and everything still worked. Do you > > have non-ASCII characters in your passphrase? > > Err, you're right. There is one char that is not on the american > keyboards standing around in the lab. I couldn't imagine that this one > could be a problem, it's been on german typewriters since the old ages. > > I invented a new Passphrase now, and yes, though it's complicated, it > works. Still I feel that in the future, more and more people will be > using the characters they find on _their_ machine in their passphrases, > so it may be worth thinking about that; gpg itself doesn't have a > problem with that (at least not with iso-9985-?, may be different with > Unicode). I wasn't suggesting that you change your passphrase. Recently I had submitted a patch to pgg to use call-process-region, instead of start-process (this gets rid of the blinking). That has had unintended consequences as you have just found out. The attached patch might fix this problem. I am not sure if it does. > However, there is one more problem. In a test mail with german Umlauts > in the body, Gnus didn't send the signed mail, instead complained: I have no ideas about this one. Satyaki