My usenet server will only allow connections from the pitt.edu domain... While I'm at work I can't read news, from the FAQ I thought the following might get me around that problem: (setq gnus-select-method '(nntp "firewall" (nntp-address "unixs.cis.pitt.edu") (nntp-open-server-function nntp-open-telnet) (nntp-end-of-line "\n") (nntp-telnet-user-name "madst38") (nntp-telnet-passwd "XXXXXXX") (nntp-telnet-parameters ("telnet" "usenet.pitt.edu" "nntp")))) However this only replies with: Loading gnus-group...done Opening nntp server on firewall... Denied server I'm a relative elisp-virgin, how can I receive more debugging info, or did I just screw up the parameter list? --Mark