* Re: Adaptive and "regular" scoring
       [not found] <m3r7u9c3yl.fsf_-nf--_xmat_-m:gnus_---@tuxie.homelinux.net>
@ 2004-04-27  7:15 ` Nelson Ferreira
From: Nelson Ferreira @ 2004-04-27  7:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

To answer myself...

"njsf" == Nelson Ferreira <nelson.ferreira@verizon.net> writes:

    njsf> Is there a way I can have both adaptive and the regular
    njsf> scoring active ?

yes. It just works.

The issue I was having is that I was trying to score on
X-Mailer|X-Newsreader|User-Agent for which I added the entries in
gnus-extra-headers and nnmail-extra-headers, generated the nov
databases.

However it would still not pick it up for news groups. Which is
according to the documentation, my mistake on reading it too fast.

So I ended up doing a "head" rule.

Does any of you guys have an idea on a more efficient way of doing
this ?

    njsf> Is there a drawback of doing that ?

I guess not since it is possible by default, but if any of you have
any comments, I'd appreciate.

[...]

Thanks,

        Nelson

--
Nelson Ferreira

* Re: Adaptive and "regular" scoring
@ 2004-05-16 12:19   ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2004-05-16 12:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

Nelson Ferreira <nelson.ferreira@verizon.net> writes:

> Does any of you guys have an idea on a more efficient way of doing
> this ?

Have the news server add those headers to the NOV files.  :-)

You may get some opposition from the news admin, though.

* Adaptive and "regular" scoring
@ 2004-04-27  6:47 Nelson Ferreira
From: Nelson Ferreira @ 2004-04-27  6:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

Is there a way I can have both adaptive and the regular scoring active ?