* Incorrect behaviour with MML and Gcc:?
@ 1999-05-25 14:23 Nathan Williams
From: Nathan Williams @ 1999-05-25 14:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

        I recently switched to pgnus 0.84 from a release version so
that I could use all the great new MIME goop. While it mostly works
well, I've found the following problematic situation: If I compose a
MML-based message and keep a copy with the Gcc: header, the copy that
is kept is the pre-translated MML, not the actual MIME text. This is
mostly a problem with attachments, since the actual file I told it to
insert may not have been one I planned to keep outside of my mailbox.

        I'm not up on the zen of MML and MIME in Gnus, so I'd
appreciate other people's sense of whether this is a bug.

        - Nathan

* Re: Incorrect behaviour with MML and Gcc:?
@ 1999-05-25 16:28 ` Kai.Grossjohann
                     ` (2 more replies)
From: Kai.Grossjohann @ 1999-05-25 16:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

Right now, MML does not get expanded when doing Gcc.  This is a bug.
You can go a few versions back, or you can use Bcc as a workaround
until the bug is fixed.

I have tried to find the problem, but failed.  I compared a version
which worked (0.78? I forget) with a 0.84 but couldn't see any
differences pertaining to this problem.  :-(
kai
--
Abort this operation?   [Abort]  [Cancel]

* Re: Incorrect behaviour with MML and Gcc:?
@ 1999-05-25 16:50   ` Hrvoje Niksic
From: Hrvoje Niksic @ 1999-05-25 16:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

Kai.Grossjohann@CS.Uni-Dortmund.DE writes:

> Right now, MML does not get expanded when doing Gcc.

Right, and one that was introduced in Pgnus 0.84.  I've reported it to
Lars some time ago.

> I have tried to find the problem, but failed.  I compared a version
> which worked (0.78? I forget) with a 0.84

I think 0.83 worked right, but I'm not 100% sure.

* Re: Incorrect behaviour with MML and Gcc:?
@ 1999-05-25 17:09   ` David S. Goldberg
From: David S. Goldberg @ 1999-05-25 17:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

I've added mml-to-mime to the end of message-send-hook.  It doesn't
seem to have broken anything yet, but I'm not sure it's really the
right solution.
--
Dave Goldberg
Post: The Mitre Corporation\MS B325\202 Burlington Rd.\Bedford, MA 01730

* Re: Incorrect behaviour with MML and Gcc:?
@ 1999-05-25 17:36     ` Kai.Grossjohann
From: Kai.Grossjohann @ 1999-05-25 17:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

dsg@mitre.org (David S. Goldberg) writes:

  > I've added mml-to-mime to the end of message-send-hook.  It doesn't
  > seem to have broken anything yet, but I'm not sure it's really the
  > right solution.

Wonderful!  Thanks a lot.  This will help me till the bug is fixed.

kai
--

@ 1999-05-25 21:12   ` Florian Weimer
From: Florian Weimer @ 1999-05-25 21:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

Kai.Grossjohann@CS.Uni-Dortmund.DE writes:

> Right now, MML does not get expanded when doing Gcc.  This is a bug.

Oh, and I considered it a feature.  I do like that attachments are no
longer stored in my outgoing mail archive automatically. ;)

* Re: Incorrect behaviour with MML and Gcc:?
@ 1999-05-26 11:26     ` William M. Perry
From: William M. Perry @ 1999-05-26 11:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

Yes, but when you say 'hmmmm... I know I sent that sample code to
so-and-so last month' and go to look for it in your archives, you are
screwed. :)

-bp