* articles which won't cache
@ 1996-02-27  2:08 Roderick Schertler
From: Roderick Schertler @ 1996-02-27  2:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

Has anybody else noticed any weirdness with an active-type
(tick/dormant) cache in 0.43?  (This might also have existed with older
versions, I just recently switched to sgnus.)  Today I had an article
which wouldn't cache properly.  I would tick the article then exit the
group and exit Gnus and would be left with the article in the cache
active file but not in the cache directory nor in the .overview file.
As soon as I ticked the article it would show up in the cache directory
but it would be removed when I exited the group.

I'm afraid this behavior went away after about a half dozen tries while
I was trying to to track it down (this might or might not have
correlated with exiting emacs rather than just exiting and restarting
Gnus) so I'm afraid I don't have any hard information to offer, I mainly
wanted to send out a feeler to see if anybody else had seen something
similar.

--
Roderick Schertler
roderick@gate.net