* temporary files left behind by nnfolder
@ 1998-12-07 12:36 Sai-Lai Lo
From: Sai-Lai Lo @ 1998-12-07 12:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

Not long ago I began to try out pgnus. One thing I noticed since the
changeover is that in my nnfolder-directory, there are lots of Incoming*
files. It seems that these files are created every time pgnus fetch mail
from incoming mail folders in nnmail-procmail-directory. I guess these are
temporary files which normally would be deleted. But for some reason they are
left behind.

My setup is:

(setq nnfolder-directory "~/private/Mail")

(setq nnmail-use-procmail t)
(setq nnmail-spool-file (list (getenv "MAIL")))

(setq nnmail-use-long-file-names t)
(setq nnmail-procmail-directory "/home/sll/private/Mail/incoming/")
(setq gnus-secondary-select-methods '((nnfolder "")))
(setq nnmail-procmail-suffix "")
(setq gnus-auto-expirable-newsgroups
    "axp-kernel-list.mail\\|axplinux.mail\\|corba.mail\\|egcs.mail\\|egcs-bugs.mail\\|hurricane.mail\\|linux-atm.mail\\|wmaker.mail\\|corba-dev.mail")
(setq nnmail-expiry-wait 7)
(setq nnmail-keep-list-article t)
(remove-hook 'gnus-mark-article-hook
             'gnus-summary-mark-read-and-unread-as-read)
(add-hook 'gnus-mark-article-hook 'gnus-summary-mark-unread-as-read)

I hope I've provided sufficent information for the bug(?) to be reproduced.

I had a look at nnmail-get-new-mail which seems to delete the temporary
files before the function returns and it is the same code as
the released version of gnus.

Regards,
Sai-Lai Lo