* "get a life" bug report on colors
@ 1999-04-20  3:15 lconrad
From: lconrad @ 1999-04-20  3:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

Somewhere between pgnus 0.80 and 0.83, the color of the sender name
and article number in the Group summary number stopped changing color
at the same time as the rest of the line.

That is, I had gotten used to having the entire line for an article
change from black to green when the article was marked R and to red
when it was ticked with an !.  Now the sender, which is in the middle
of the line, stays black until you do something that moves to the next
line.

If this is a feature, I liked the old way better.
--
Laura (mailto:lconrad@world.std.com , http://www.world.std.com/~lconrad/ )
(617) 661-8097

* Re: "get a life" bug report on colors
       [not found] <m3yajoq8xm.fsf@serpent.laymusic.>
@ 1999-04-20 10:50 ` Karl Kleinpaste
From: Karl Kleinpaste @ 1999-04-20 10:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

lconrad@world.std.com writes:
> Somewhere between pgnus 0.80 and 0.83, the color of the sender name
> and article number in the Group summary number stopped changing color
> at the same time as the rest of the line.

I have seen this occasionally since the Dawn of Time.  I believe it's
a misinteraction with X colormaps, only triggered occasionally.  Try
restarting Gnus in a completely fresh XEmacs; the behavior will
probably be back to what you expect.