* hotmail?
@ 1999-10-01 11:01 Norman Walsh
From: Norman Walsh @ 1999-10-01 11:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

Digging through the archives reveals that this subject has come up
more than once, but I didn't get a clear sense of the current
state of affairs.

Is it possible to read hotmail from pgnus?

Is it possible to post hotmail from pgnus?

                                        Cheers,
                                          norm

--
Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | Fast. Cheap. Well. Pick two.
http://nwalsh.com/                 |

* Re: hotmail?
@ 1999-10-08 21:06 ` Shenghuo ZHU
From: Shenghuo ZHU @ 1999-10-08 21:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

Norman> Digging through the archives reveals that this subject has
Norman> come up more than once, but I didn't get a clear sense of the
Norman> current state of affairs.

Norman> Is it possible to read hotmail from pgnus?

It sound like nnweb. AFAIK, there is nothing for hotmail in Gnus.

A project, named NAMG (NetAddress Mail Grabber), is working the
similar topic. (http://www.zip.com.au/~gsymonds/NAMG/)

Do we need a back-end, named nnmg? Gnus agent covered nnmg sounds
fantastic.

Norman> Is it possible to post hotmail from pgnus?

Gnus can use smtpmail-send-it. I guess it is not difficult to build a
hotmail-send-it with the help of w3 package.

--
Shenghuo ZHU

* Re: hotmail?
@ 1999-11-06  2:17   ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1999-11-06  2:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

Shenghuo ZHU <zsh@cs.rochester.edu> writes:

> It sound like nnweb. AFAIK, there is nothing for hotmail in Gnus.
>
> A project, named NAMG (NetAddress Mail Grabber), is working the
> similar topic. (http://www.zip.com.au/~gsymonds/NAMG/)
>
> Do we need a back-end, named nnmg? Gnus agent covered nnmg sounds
> fantastic.

It sounds like it could be useful.  If someone were to take up such a
project, I'd be happy to include it in Gnus.

> Norman> Is it possible to post hotmail from pgnus?
>
> Gnus can use smtpmail-send-it. I guess it is not difficult to build a
> hotmail-send-it with the help of w3 package.

Yup.

* Re: hotmail?
@ 1999-11-24 20:34   ` Danny Siu
From: Danny Siu @ 1999-11-24 20:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

Shenghuo ZHU writes:

  Norman> Is it possible to post hotmail from pgnus?

  ZSH> Gnus can use smtpmail-send-it. I guess it is not difficult to build a
  ZSH> hotmail-send-it with the help of w3 package.

now that webmail.el is working, is there any plan to implement
webmail-send-it?

--
Danny Dick-Fung Siu        mailto:dsiu@adobe.com
Acrobat Engineering @ Adobe Systems Incorporated

* Re: hotmail?
@ 1999-11-29 23:25     ` Shenghuo ZHU
From: Shenghuo ZHU @ 1999-11-29 23:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

Danny> Shenghuo ZHU writes:
Norman> Is it possible to post hotmail from pgnus?

ZSH> Gnus can use smtpmail-send-it. I guess it is not difficult to build a
ZSH> hotmail-send-it with the help of w3 package.

Danny> now that webmail.el is working, is there any plan to implement
Danny> webmail-send-it?

[...]

I guess it can not catch the bus of Gnus 5.8. I has no plan to
implement it before January. Any volunteer?

--
Shenghuo

* Re: hotmail?
@ 1999-11-30  0:26       ` William M. Perry
From: William M. Perry @ 1999-11-30  0:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

> Danny> Shenghuo ZHU writes:
> Norman> Is it possible to post hotmail from pgnus?
>
> ZSH> Gnus can use smtpmail-send-it. I guess it is not difficult to build a
> ZSH> hotmail-send-it with the help of w3 package.
>
> Danny> now that webmail.el is working, is there any plan to implement
> Danny> webmail-send-it?
>
> [...]
>
> I guess it can not catch the bus of Gnus 5.8. I has no plan to implement
> it before January. Any volunteer?

If anybody wants to do this, let me know and I can coach you on how to fake
the form submissions, etc.

-Bill P.

* Re: hotmail?
@ 1999-11-30  0:41         ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1999-11-30  0:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

wmperry@aventail.com (William M. Perry) writes:

> If anybody wants to do this, let me know and I can coach you on how to fake
> the form submissions, etc.

And the person who wants to do this can use `nnslashdot-request-post'
as a starting point.  It massages the article slightly before passing
it on to the strangely misnamed `nnweb-fetch-form'.  I would imagine
that posting via Hotmail shouldn't be more complicated, but one never
knows...