* Repeated spam registration
@ 2004-10-13 18:34 David Hanak
From: David Hanak @ 2004-10-13 18:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

I use spam.el with bogofilter to filter spam with great satisfaction.
There is one minor detail, though which is bothering me.  Every once in
a while I have to go back to old, read mail and read it again.  These
messages are ususally already marked as ham.  After I reread them and
exit the group, they are obviously marked as read, which is a ham mark,
so they are *reregistered* with bogofilter.  Because I use the registry
to remember spam classification, they are duly unregistered before the
reregistration.  So this is what I get in the *Messages* buffer:

,----[ *Messages* ]
| Unregistering 1 specific articles as ham using backend spam-use-bogofilter
| Registering 1  articles as ham using backend spam-use-bogofilter
| 1 ham messages were processed by backend spam-use-bogofilter.
`----

This is of course slow and completely unnecessary.  I tried adding the
ancient-mark to the list of ham-marks, but that only resulted in the
omission of the unregistration, the reregistration was still done, which
is obviously worse.  Is this how it is supposed to work?  Is there a way
to solve this problem?

Thanks,

--
David Hanak - Research Engineer
Institute for Software Integrated Systems  |  http://www.isis.vanderbilt.edu

* Re: Repeated spam registration
@ 2004-10-14 17:45 ` Xavier Maillard
From: Xavier Maillard @ 2004-10-14 17:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 13 oct 2004, David Hanak wrote:

> Hi,

Yo,

> This is of course slow and completely unnecessary. I tried
> adding the ancient-mark to the list of ham-marks, but that only
> resulted in the omission of the unregistration, the
> reregistration was still done, which is obviously worse. Is
> this how it is supposed to work? Is there a way to solve this
> problem?

Do you use the Gnus registry ? If not, give it a try then.

Regards.
--
   ,--.    Xavier Maillard, Reims, France                   ,= ,-_-. =.
  / ,- )   http://www.emacsfr.org/                         ((_/)o o(\_))

* Re: Repeated spam registration
@ 2004-10-14 18:45   ` Ted Zlatanov
From: Ted Zlatanov @ 2004-10-14 18:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, 14 Oct 2004, zedek@gnu-rox.org wrote:

> Do you use the Gnus registry ? If not, give it a try then.

He does, there's a bug I'm working on.

Ted

* Re: Repeated spam registration
@ 2004-10-14 18:47 ` Ted Zlatanov
From: Ted Zlatanov @ 2004-10-14 18:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

On Wed, 13 Oct 2004, dhanak@isis.vanderbilt.edu wrote:

> I use spam.el with bogofilter to filter spam with great satisfaction.
> There is one minor detail, though which is bothering me.  Every once in
> a while I have to go back to old, read mail and read it again.  These
> messages are ususally already marked as ham.  After I reread them and
> exit the group, they are obviously marked as read, which is a ham mark,
> so they are *reregistered* with bogofilter.  Because I use the registry
> to remember spam classification, they are duly unregistered before the
> reregistration.  So this is what I get in the *Messages* buffer:
>
> ,----[ *Messages* ]
>| Unregistering 1 specific articles as ham using backend spam-use-bogofilter
>| Registering 1  articles as ham using backend spam-use-bogofilter
>| 1 ham messages were processed by backend spam-use-bogofilter.
> `----
>
> This is of course slow and completely unnecessary.  I tried adding the
> ancient-mark to the list of ham-marks, but that only resulted in the
> omission of the unregistration, the reregistration was still done, which
> is obviously worse.  Is this how it is supposed to work?  Is there a way
> to solve this problem?

I noticed this problem too, I'll see what's going on.  In the
meantime, rest easy knowing that your CPU is not underutilized :)

Ted