From: "Ted Zlatanov" <tzz@lifelogs.com>
Cc: ding@gnus.org
Subject: Re: wallowing out of the spam quagmire
Date: 21 Jun 2004 10:35:54 -0400	[thread overview]

On Sat, 19 Jun 2004, reader@newsguy.com wrote:

> Listening to various posts on that [spam.el] seems have all the
> earmarks of being a pain in the butt.

The CVS manual has working configurations (mine and one other).

The latest spam.el which I posted here last week for testing
simplifies things further, eliminating some of the more confusing
options.  I'll do a writeup on the changes when I commit, but it's
definitely an improvement.

Also there was a patch for the spam.el manual section posted on this
newsgroup, which needs a second pair of eyes.  If you could take a
look at that and see how well it works for you (being a potential new
spam.el user) that would be very helpful.

Generally, any feedback on the setup difficulty of spam.el (not the
manual, but the complexity of the data structures and procedures) is
very welcome.

Thanks
Ted