* should gnus-registry.el be in the manual for Oort Gnus?
@ 2003-11-18 10:03 Ted Zlatanov
From: Ted Zlatanov @ 2003-11-18 10:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

gnus-registry.el sort of snuck up on me.  I kept thinking it would
somehow be excluded from Oort Gnus' official release, but I realize
now that it's better to just add it to the manual because people are
using it and it's pretty stable.

I know this goes against the "no new features" status of Oort Gnus,
though.  So I need to know: should gnus-registry.el be officially
added to the manual, or should it be officially ignored until No Gnus?

As to what features the registry provides:

- tracking of message followups by message ID references

- tracking of followups by subject and sender (optional)

- tracking of spam processor invocations

- (planned) tracking of spam scores

Note that there is no special code in the registry to deal with
spam-related tracking, it's all generic "extra data" storage
associated with a message ID.  So the registry doesn't depend on
spam.el.

Thanks!
Ted