* Re: spam.el blackhole check
       [not found] <yovafzhortis.fsf@relaskop.wsl.ch>
@ 2003-10-21 18:51 ` Ted Zlatanov
From: Ted Zlatanov @ 2003-10-21 18:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mon, 20 Oct 2003, lanz@fowi.ethz.ch wrote:

> I think the user should be informed, that the
> spam-blackhole-good-server-regex expects an inversed server syntax
> D.C.B.A for a good server named A.B.C.D. At least I did NOT realize
> that the D.C.B.A syntax has to be given.
>
> Maybe, it would be better (more natural from an end-users point of
> view) to let spam-blackhole-good-server-regex accept the "normal"
> A.B.C.D syntax for good servers and change the spam-check-blackholes
> function accordingly?

This was a bug, A.B.C.D is the correct format for
spam-blackhole-good-server-regex.  Thanks!  It should be fixed in CVS.

> PS: I did not understand the recent discussion about spam-initialize
> thing on the list. What should I (an end-user) put now in the .gnus
> file? (I did understand, that the old setting is stil allowed,
> though.)

Because of autoloading, you just need to say

(spam-initialize)

in your setup, instead of all the spam-install-hooks/require spam.el
stuff.  That's it, it's meant to be simple.

The same thing was done for the gnus-registry.el loading with the
gnus-registry-initialize function.

Thanks
Ted

only message in thread, other threads:[~2003-10-21 18:51 UTC | newest]