From: Ted Zlatanov <tzz@lifelogs.com>
Cc: ding@gnus.org
Subject: Re: [Eric Knauel] spam.el and spamoracle
Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 13:41:51 -0400	[thread overview]

On Tue, 13 May 2003, knauel@informatik.uni-tuebingen.de wrote:
> Ted Zlatanov <tzz@lifelogs.com> writes:
>
>> Does Eric have FSF papers on file?
>
> No. What do I have to do to get one? The FSF website says something
> about logging onto mysterious GNU machines where the forms can be
> found.

The first rule of FSF club is, you don't talk about FSF club :)

>> - provide a reasonable default for spam-spamoracle-database so
>>   users don't have to configure it if they don't want to
>
> I usually don't specify a database when calling spamoracle from the
> prompt, which then uses the default database
> "~/.spamoracle.db". This is what happens if the user leaves
> spam-spamoracle-database to nil. Is this ok? I'll have to add this
> to the document string, however.

I see, so you're letting spamoracle choose the database.  That's fine,
I don't use it so I didn't know.

>> - should there be a spam/ham processor for spamoracle?
>
> I think that would this would be a convenient way for training
> spamoracle. I'll add that feature and send you the patch.

No problem, I hope it's not too hard.  If you could also look at the
documentation - basically, copy the SpamAssassin section and modify
accordingly, I'll update the menus, check the syntax, and add it in if
you are not familiar with Texinfo.  Not that I'm an expert either, but
I do find Texinfo very manageable and easy to learn.

Thanks
Ted