On Sat, 15 May 2004, daniel@rimspace.net wrote: > Well, having a quick poke around turned up some bits and pieces of code > that I got to do the right thing pretty easily in terms of doing the > resend... Are your FSF papers on file? I don't know how to check. > I had a look at spam.el to see if I could work out how to hook it up to > the actual spam mark stuff and, boy, was that a shock. > > I got lost somewhere around the second or third abstraction around what > really did look like very much the same code. I'm planning to do a major overhaul (version 3 of spam.el, so to speak) where a lot of the unnecessary complexity is at least only done once. Probably by the end of the year. > Ah, well. Hopefully someone who knows the code better can point the way > to getting this registered to process spam messages on exit, and post a > short howto guide that tells me: > > 1. how to get the spam mark code activated spam.el sets up group exit actions that do things with spam articles. You can do your own actions on those articles, there's nothing about spam.el that makes it mandatory for handling the spam-marked articles. > 2. how to get the 'report by resend' code used With spam.el, you just make (spam spam-use-resend) the exit processor of the group. All spam articles will be processed through it. > 3. how to *not* use any of the other features Don't enable any of the spam-use-* variables, INCLUDING spam-use-resend, because spam-use-resend is not a variable, it's only a symbol name. Don't call spam-split in your split rules. Call spam-initialize to load spam.el. That should do it. I'm attaching the patch that sets up a new spam exit processor for this purpose. Please test and get back to me if you are OK with it. The Gmane code, by the way (not the spam-use-gmane-xref spam check, but the (spam spam-use-gmane) spam exit processor) is what spam-report-resend follows as an example. Ted