I'm attaching the new encrypt.el (mostly gnus-encrypt.el minus cruft and with a search&replace done) and the related netrc.el (just search&replace of gnus-encrypt with encrypt). Let me know if it looks OK before I put it into Gnus. gnus-encrypt.el will become a shallow wrapper with no options for now if this conversion happens. If password.el, netrc.el, encrypt.el, and pop3.el move to Emacs, that's OK but I don't have CVS access to Emacs source code so it will be harder for me to maintain those files. Ted