* ham training and gnus-expirable-mark
@ 2003-10-30 23:36 Jake Colman
From: Jake Colman @ 2003-10-30 23:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

I've figured out why my ham was not being trained.  Many of mailing lists are
sety up as auto-expire.  Messages with the gnus-expirable-mark are not passed
on to the ham processor.  If I give the messages the gnus-del-mark the
message gets trained.

Some related questions:

1) Should this be considered a problem?  Why not allow me to use the contents
   of an auto-expiry group for ham training?

2) In a spam group, how do I mark ham so that it can be sent for training?  I
   have specified both spam and ham processors, I removed the gnus-spam-mark
   and replace it with a gnus-del-mark but that does not seem to do the
   trick.  Did I miss something or (as I think the manual implies) is this
   not possible?  If not, I guess the only thing to do is to specify a ham
   group for the non-spam contents so that it can get moved over and then
   trained?

--
Jake Colman

Principia Partners LLC                    Phone: (201) 209-2467
Harborside Financial Center                 Fax: (201) 946-0320
902 Plaza Two                          E-mail: colman@ppllc.com
Jersey City, NJ 07311                 www.principiapartners.com

* Re: ham training and gnus-expirable-mark
@ 2003-10-31  6:20 ` Jody Klymak
From: Jody Klymak @ 2003-10-31  6:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

Jake Colman <colman@ppllc.com> writes:

> 2) In a spam group, how do I mark ham so that it can be sent for training?  I
>    have specified both spam and ham processors, I removed the gnus-spam-mark
>    and replace it with a gnus-del-mark but that does not seem to do the
>    trick.  Did I miss something or (as I think the manual implies) is this
>    not possible?  If not, I guess the only thing to do is to specify a ham
>    group for the non-spam contents so that it can get moved over and then
>    trained?

I had exactly the same difficulty:

C-h v spam-process-ham-in-spam-groups

And try groups.google.com with search terms:
spam ding spam-process-ham-in-spam-groups

This is not part of groups-customize.

Ted, maybe this should default to t?

Cheers,  Jody

--
Jody Klymak      http://mixing.coas.oregonstate.edu/people/jklymak/
mailto:jklymak@coas.oregonstate.edu

* Re: ham training and gnus-expirable-mark
@ 2003-10-31 16:52   ` Ted Zlatanov
From: Ted Zlatanov @ 2003-10-31 16:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: Jake Colman, ding

> Jake Colman <colman@ppllc.com> writes:

> > 2) In a spam group, how do I mark ham so that it can be sent for training?  I
> >    have specified both spam and ham processors, I removed the gnus-spam-mark
> >    and replace it with a gnus-del-mark but that does not seem to do the
> >    trick.  Did I miss something or (as I think the manual implies) is this
> >    not possible?  If not, I guess the only thing to do is to specify a ham
> >    group for the non-spam contents so that it can get moved over and then
> >    trained?

> I had exactly the same difficulty:

> C-h v spam-process-ham-in-spam-groups

Also spam-process-ham-in-nonham-groups could be useful to some.

> Ted, maybe this should default to t?

I think that's a good idea.  spam-process-ham-in-nonham-groups should
still be nil though.  Anyone against?

Ted