* query-dns in dns.el fails on an empty buffer (was: Problem with (spam) splitting)
       [not found]       ` <yoijbrtoxqcn.fsf@frealaf.dd.chalmers.se>
@ 2003-09-15 18:40         ` Ted Zlatanov
From: Ted Zlatanov @ 2003-09-15 18:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

that has been posted to gnu.emacs.gnus as well.

On Sun, 14 Sep 2003, bojohan+news@dd.chalmers.se wrote:

> Ted Zlatanov <tzz@lifelogs.com> writes:
>
>> If you get an error there, definitely forward it as well.
>
> Function query-dns, line 345 in dns.el, fails on an empty buffer.
>
> Debugger entered--Lisp error: (args-out-of-range 1 3)
>   delete-region(1 3)
[...]
>   query-dns("156.171.131.145.bl.spamcop.net")

I see where the problem happened for you, though it does not happen
for me.

First of all, try spam-use-dig and see if that fixes your problem.

I don't maintain dns.el so I don't know exactly what's the cause of
your problem.  I think the real problem is that no values returned
from DNS; any patch I make will probably just mask the problem.
Maybe someone on the ding list or this newsgroup will know?

Ted

only message in thread, other threads:[~2003-09-15 18:40 UTC | newest]