On Thu, 09 Jan 2003, niklas.morberg@axis.com wrote: > Ted Zlatanov writes: > >> Right, but I need someone to actually request that - >> it's at the bottom of the queue now, I'd rather write >> docs and fix existing code right now. So, if anyone >> wants spam-stat.el integration within spam.el sooner >> instead of later, please let me know. > > However, there is no need to prioritize this over the other > things you are doing with spam.el at the moment. I saw that > someone else was currently using spam-stat.el, so I'll just > bug him instead of you for a while :) Because this was something people wanted, I created a patch for spam.el, spam-stat.el, and gnus.el to add spam-stat functionality. It's pretty straightforward, but I need Alex to look at it and tell me if I'm doing things correctly or badly. I especially don't want spam-stat.el to install its hooks into article retrieval, since spam.el passes articles around to spam/ham processors as strings. Also, I added some things to spam-stat.el that are necessary and/or nice such as the spam score threshhold. Alex, can you look at the attached patch (it's against today's Gnus) and see what you think? I don't want to commit or test the patch until I know it's sensible and OK with you. Like I said, avoiding the hook installation is especially important. For spam.el, this adds nothing unusual - just the spam-stat ham and spam processors, and the spam-use-stat variable for splitting incoming mail. You just customize variables as usual to add spam-stat support. Ted