* Re: Moving files from lisp/gnus/ to lisp/net/?
       [not found] ` <ilu1xfzwz6q.fsf@latte.josefsson.org>
@ 2004-10-15 23:27   ` Miles Bader
From: Miles Bader @ 2004-10-15 23:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

On Fri, Oct 15, 2004 at 09:37:01PM +0200, Simon Josefsson wrote:
> > I also propose to add password.el, encrypt.el from Gnus CVS, and
> > update the netrc.el file to use encrypt.el.  This may be more
> > controversial, so I'll post encrypt.el in a separate message, to ask
> > for guidance.
>
> I didn't realize Ted already posted encrypt.el, so let's move that
> discussion to that thread.

BTW, the Gnus CVS trunk now contains both "encrypt.el" and "gnus-encrypt.el",
which are exactly the same except that the latter uses "gnus-" prefixes for
everything (and has a big commented-out section).

Can't you just delete gnus-encrypt.el?

Thanks,

-Miles
--
`The suburb is an obsolete and contradictory form of human settlement'

* Re: Moving files from lisp/gnus/ to lisp/net/?
@ 2004-10-16  2:08     ` Ted Zlatanov
From: Ted Zlatanov @ 2004-10-16  2:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding, emacs-devel

On Fri, 15 Oct 2004, miles@gnu.org wrote:

On Fri, Oct 15, 2004 at 09:37:01PM +0200, Simon Josefsson wrote:
>> > I also propose to add password.el, encrypt.el from Gnus CVS, and
>> > update the netrc.el file to use encrypt.el.  This may be more
>> > controversial, so I'll post encrypt.el in a separate message, to ask
>> > for guidance.
>>
>> I didn't realize Ted already posted encrypt.el, so let's move that
>> discussion to that thread.
>
> BTW, the Gnus CVS trunk now contains both "encrypt.el" and "gnus-encrypt.el",
> which are exactly the same except that the latter uses "gnus-" prefixes for
> everything (and has a big commented-out section).
>
> Can't you just delete gnus-encrypt.el?

Yes, I wanted to give the users a chance to use the old
gnus-encrypt.el in case they have encrypted data.  I just did the
gnus-encrypt.el -> encrypt.el rename today and posted a note to the
Gnus mailing list; my intention was to remove gnus-encrypt.el in a
week.

Ted