From: "Ted Zlatanov" <tzz@lifelogs.com>
Cc: ding@gnus.org
Subject: Re: Split based on threads?
Date: 21 Jun 2004 10:43:28 -0400	[thread overview]

On Fri, 18 Jun 2004, cmg@dok.org wrote:

> Ted Zlatanov has written gnus-registry.el which contains a
> gnus-registry-split-fancy-with-parent which will look in the
> references and in-reply-to fileds for that.  I believe this is only
> in NoGnus however. Check out the comments in gnus-registry.el for
> more information.

I keep meaning to write docs for the gnus-registry and time's never
enough.  The comments are sufficient to get started for most people.
The gnus-registry will track article copy/move/delete by message ID
which can be very handy.  Also, the registry can split by sender and
subject, not just thread - so messages with the same subject can
automatically go into the same folder (if more than one folders match,
the decision is not made).  This is VERY useful when you correspond
with people who don't preserve the thread.

spam.el also uses gnus-registry functionality (though I'm still trying
to get that working well) so the registry is definitely a useful
package with lots of uses in Gnus.

Ted