Hi! Lars Ingebrigtsen asked me to reroute the following question to this mail address. ------- Forwarded Message Date: Sun, 06 Feb 2011 21:06:50 +0100 From: Stefan Merten Subject: Problem with global `message-options` To: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen , Shenghuo Zhu Message-Id: <15028.1297022810@rosalu.merten-home.homelinux.org> Hi Lars, Shenghuo! I discovered your email adresses in the header of `message.el` or `mml2015.el`, respectively, in the Emacs distribution (V23.1.1). That's why I'm writing you. I found the following problem. When I GPG-encrypt multiple mails with the Emacs machinery for different recipients the key used for the first encryption is used for all mails - regardless of their respective recipients. As you can imagine this is very annoying because all but the first recipients get mails they can't decrypt :-( . I tracked the problem down to the function `mml2015-epg-encrypt`. There is a (let ... (recipients (message-options-get 'mml2015-epg-recipients)) which via `message-options-get` fetches recipients from `message-options`. Since `message-options` is global and seemingly the `mml2015-epg-recipients` field is never cleared I get the results from a previous encryption. This is probably the reason why only the first key is used as described above. I solved the problem for me by making `message-options` buffer local - which seems the right thing to do anyway. Grüße Stefan ------- End of Forwarded Message