From: Sean Doran <smd@ebone.net>
Subject: Re: make of qgnus-0.11 hangs formatting info files
Date: 29 Sep 1997 21:43:20 +0200	[thread overview]

Stainless Steel Rat <ratinox@peorth.gweep.net> writes:

> SD> "GNU Emacs 20.2.2 (i386-unknown-netbsd1.2G, X toolkit)
>                ^^
> That could be the problem.  It makes just fine with
> 19.34.

Nope, it's architechture-dependent, since a build on a
NetBSD SPARC with the same compiler options, with the
compiler (and everything else) built from roughly the same
SUPped sources works just fine.

BTW, this is the first lossage I've seen with emacs-20.2
with the MBSK.

I'm fiddling with compiler options.  Simple -O didn't work.

I got a mildly interesting stack backtrace by using the
SIGQUIT and if the fiddled compiler options
(force-mem/force-addr) doesn't solve the lossage, and
turning off optimization altogether doesn't either,
then I'll see if I can reproduce it in an interactive
Emacs in which I can toggle debug-on-error to t.

	Sean.