* SEMI and qgnus?
@ 1998-01-12 13:28 Norman Walsh
From: Norman Walsh @ 1998-01-12 13:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

I've been using SEMI 0.88 for some time know with gnus 5. I
noticed this morning that it no longer works with qgnus 0.20.
Is there a more recent version of SEMI? Has anyone else noticed
this problem?

--norm

* Re: SEMI and qgnus?
@ 1998-01-12 13:47 ` Kai Grossjohann
       [not found]   ` <x73eit7isn.fsf@peorth.gweep.net>
From: Kai Grossjohann @ 1998-01-12 13:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

  Norman> I've been using SEMI 0.88 for some time know with gnus 5. I
  Norman> noticed this morning that it no longer works with qgnus
  Norman> 0.20.  Is there a more recent version of SEMI? Has anyone
  Norman> else noticed this problem?

There is SEMI-Gnus which is work in progress.  The thing is that
apparently Gnus does not provide enough hooks for integrating a MIME
tool, so the SEMI (formerly TM) people decided they'd integrate SEMI
and Gnus.

The idea is that once they've finished, they will submit the Gnus
changes back to Lars for integration into the Gnus proper.

I use TM (7.107 or so) with Gnus 5.5 and this works.  I haven't tried
qgnus yet.

kai
--
Kai Grossjohann, Informatik VI        grossjohann@ls6.cs.uni-dortmund.de
Uni Dortmund, D-44221 Dortmund        http://ls6-www.cs.uni-dortmund.de/

* Re: SEMI and qgnus?
       [not found]   ` <x73eit7isn.fsf@peorth.gweep.net>
@ 1998-01-12 18:32     ` Kai Grossjohann
From: Kai Grossjohann @ 1998-01-12 18:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

  Rat> The SEMI team has its head up its collective ass if they have
  Rat> convinced themselves that Gnus does not provide enough hooks
  Rat> for MIME tools. [...]

Well, I think they mentioned that the hooks are OK for reading
messages but not for writing them.

kai
--

@ 1998-01-12 18:45     ` Norman Walsh
From: Norman Walsh @ 1998-01-12 18:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

> KG> I use TM (7.107 or so) with Gnus 5.5 and this works.  I haven't tried
> KG> qgnus yet.
>
> 7.106, I think, works just fine with Quassia.  So does rmime (though not
> with XEmacs).

I struggled with 7.10? before switching to SEMI. SEMI was a snap
to install; I'm not sure I ever got 7.10? installed correctly on
my Windows NT system.  Has anyone got it working under NT?

--norm

* Re: SEMI and qgnus?
@ 1998-01-12 20:12 Fabrice.Popineau
From: Fabrice.Popineau @ 1998-01-12 20:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have used SEMI 0.115 with gnus 5.5 for a long time, but spend days
in adapting SEMI to ntemacs. I can give files if needed.

Fabrice Popineau