* accessing Gmail non-latin folders with nnimap
@ 2008-08-05  8:46 Daiki Ueno
From: Daiki Ueno @ 2008-08-05  8:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ssSslang, ding

Hello,

I have seen a problem you reported, and IIUC the problem has never been
resolved.  http://article.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.gnus.general/67144

Today, I looked into the code and perhaps found a solution:

(setq gnus-ignored-newsgroups "")

(defadvice utf7-encode
  (before fix-multibyteness-for-gnus activate)
  (ad-set-arg 0 (string-as-multibyte (string-to-unibyte (ad-get-arg 0)))))

With this setting, I can list/read groups which look like
"[Gmail]/送信済みメール" (in Japanese).

Hope this helps,
--
Daiki Ueno

* Re: accessing Gmail non-latin folders with nnimap
@ 2008-08-05  9:50 ` Paul R
From: Paul R @ 2008-08-05  9:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daiki Ueno; +Cc: ssSslang, ding

Hello Daiki,

On Tue, 05 Aug 2008 17:46:03 +0900, Daiki Ueno <ueno@unixuser.org> said:
DU> Hello, I have seen a problem you reported, and IIUC the problem
DU> has never been resolved.
DU> http://article.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.gnus.general/67144

DU> Today, I looked into the code and perhaps found a solution:

DU> (setq gnus-ignored-newsgroups "")

DU> (defadvice utf7-encode (before fix-multibyteness-for-gnus
DU> activate) (ad-set-arg 0 (string-as-multibyte (string-to-unibyte
DU> (ad-get-arg 0)))))

DU> With this setting, I can list/read groups which look like
DU> "[Gmail]/送信済みメール" (in Japanese).

DU> Hope this helps,

Thanks for this solution. I also experience this behaviour with French
accents, also in Gmail accessed through nnimap.

--
  Paul

* Re: accessing Gmail non-latin folders with nnimap
@ 2008-08-07 20:18 ` Reiner Steib
From: Reiner Steib @ 2008-08-07 20:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daiki Ueno; +Cc: sssslang, ding, emacs-devel

On Tue, Aug 05 2008, Daiki Ueno wrote:

> I have seen a problem you reported, and IIUC the problem has never been
> resolved.  http://article.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.gnus.general/67144
>
> Today, I looked into the code and perhaps found a solution:
>
> (setq gnus-ignored-newsgroups "")
>
> (defadvice utf7-encode
>   (before fix-multibyteness-for-gnus activate)
>   (ad-set-arg 0 (string-as-multibyte (string-to-unibyte (ad-get-arg 0)))))
>
> With this setting, I can list/read groups which look like
> "[Gmail]/送信済みメール" (in Japanese).

Is it a bug in utf7.el or in Gmail?  Could you please provide a patch?

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,
      (o o)

* Re: accessing Gmail non-latin folders with nnimap
@ 2008-08-08 12:16   ` Daiki Ueno
From: Daiki Ueno @ 2008-08-08 12:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Reiner Steib, Daiki Ueno, sssslang, ding, emacs-devel

2008/8/8 Reiner Steib <reinersteib+gmane@imap.cc>:

> Is it a bug in utf7.el or in Gmail?

Neither.  This is a bug of Gnus' multibyteness handling as usual.  Sigh.

> Could you please provide a patch?

Sorry, I have no time to do that.  Since the Gnus code is full of such
things, I guess there are probably dependencies of the buggy code.

Regards,
--
Daiki Ueno