* View multibyte word files inline with antiword]
@ 2010-07-15  7:41 JJ
From: JJ @ 2010-07-15  7:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Hi all:

I'd like to view ms word files inline with antiword.

I've had success with the following setup:

(add-to-list 'mm-inlined-types "application/msword")
(add-to-list 'mm-inline-media-tests
	     '("application/msword"
	       (lambda (handle)
		 (mm-inline-render-with-stdin handle nil "antiword" "-"))
	       identity))

This then displays the world file inline, when you hit RET on it in the
Article buffer.

However, when the file has multibyte text, it winds up weirdly
malformed. I've inspected mm-inline-render-with-stdin and surely enough,
it uses unibyte buffer processing to display the file. I've noticed that
mm-inline-render-with-function seems to enable multibyte stuff.

How can I redefun maybe mm-inline-renden-with-stdin or what-have-you, so
that multibyte text in the word files would be displayed properly?

BTW, antiword on its own in a term has no problem with these, displays
them fine, as long as the locale is set properly
--
JJ

only message in thread, other threads:[~2010-07-15  7:41 UTC | newest]