* -request-set-mark interface
@ 2001-02-16 15:45 Paul Jarc
From: Paul Jarc @ 2001-02-16 15:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

The 5.8.8 info says:
#`(nnchoke-request-set-mark GROUP ACTION &optional SERVER)'
#     ACTION is a list of mark setting requests, having this format:
#
#          (RANGE ACTION MARK)
#
#     Range is a range of articles you wish to update marks on.
#     An example action list:
#
#          (((5 12 30) 'del '(tick))
#           ((10 . 90) 'add '(read expire))
#           ((92 94) 'del '(read)))

Is this right?  It seems that the second action should be:
   (((10 . 90)) 'add '(read expire))
Can RANGE really be a single range (a number or cons of two numbers),
or is it always a list of ranges?

paul

* Re: -request-set-mark interface
@ 2001-02-16 16:28 ` Simon Josefsson
From: Simon Josefsson @ 2001-02-16 16:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

On 16 Feb 2001, Paul Jarc wrote:

> The 5.8.8 info says:
> #`(nnchoke-request-set-mark GROUP ACTION &optional SERVER)'
> #     ACTION is a list of mark setting requests, having this format:
> #
> #          (RANGE ACTION MARK)
> #
> #     Range is a range of articles you wish to update marks on.
> #     An example action list:
> #
> #          (((5 12 30) 'del '(tick))
> #           ((10 . 90) 'add '(read expire))
> #           ((92 94) 'del '(read)))
>
> Is this right?  It seems that the second action should be:
>    (((10 . 90)) 'add '(read expire))
> Can RANGE really be a single range (a number or cons of two numbers),
> or is it always a list of ranges?

RANGE can be a cons of two numbers (like in the example, which I think is
correct).  I don't think ranges are allowed to be a single number.  The
range EBNF don't indicate that, and the gnus-range-* functions doesn't
seem to handle it either.

* Re: -request-set-mark interface
@ 2001-02-16 16:51   ` ShengHuo ZHU
From: ShengHuo ZHU @ 2001-02-16 16:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

> On 16 Feb 2001, Paul Jarc wrote:
>
> > The 5.8.8 info says:
> > #`(nnchoke-request-set-mark GROUP ACTION &optional SERVER)'
> > #     ACTION is a list of mark setting requests, having this format:
> > #
> > #          (RANGE ACTION MARK)
> > #
> > #     Range is a range of articles you wish to update marks on.
> > #     An example action list:
> > #
> > #          (((5 12 30) 'del '(tick))
> > #           ((10 . 90) 'add '(read expire))
> > #           ((92 94) 'del '(read)))
> >
> > Is this right?  It seems that the second action should be:
> >    (((10 . 90)) 'add '(read expire))
> > Can RANGE really be a single range (a number or cons of two numbers),
> > or is it always a list of ranges?
>
> RANGE can be a cons of two numbers (like in the example, which I think is
> correct).  I don't think ranges are allowed to be a single number.  The
> range EBNF don't indicate that, and the gnus-range-* functions doesn't
> seem to handle it either.

Some range functions can handle a single range, such as
gnus-uncompress-range (search for "(listp (cdr", you will find many).
Unfortunately, some of them possibly return a single range. The below
function normalizes ranges.  I've put it into oGnus.

(defsubst gnus-range-normalize (range)
  "Normalize RANGE.
If RANGE is a single range, return (RANGE). Otherwise, return RANGE."
  (if (listp (cdr range)) (list range) range))

ShengHuo

--
(setq gnus-posting-styles
      '((".*" (signature (format "(setq gnus-posting-styles