* X-Sent is incorrect
@ 1999-09-22 16:00 Ted Rathkopf
From: Ted Rathkopf @ 1999-09-22 16:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

I upgraded from pgnus 0.90 to 0.96 last night.  This morning I noticed
that all of my X-Sent headers are 8 hours off.

The last message I received says this:
> Date: Wed Sep 22 11:50:52 1999 --400

But the date on my machine says this:

rathkopf@tick ~ 34 % date
Wed Sep 22 11:58:52 EDT 1999

Does anyone know where the 8 hour discrepancy is coming from?

--
Ted Rathkopf

* Re: X-Sent is incorrect
@ 1999-09-22 19:33 ` Colin Rafferty
From: Colin Rafferty @ 1999-09-22 19:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

Ted Rathkopf writes:

> The last message I received says this:
>> Date: Wed Sep 22 11:50:52 1999 --400

> But the date on my machine says this:

> Wed Sep 22 11:58:52 EDT 1999

Note that your time zone in your message is screwed up.

I would assume that Gnus is smart enough to recognize the double
negative, and assumes that it really means +400, which puts the mail
coming from somewhere in Asia.

Of course, noon in Asia was eight hours earlier than noon in New York
City.

--
Colin

* Re: X-Sent is incorrect
@ 1999-09-22 19:56   ` Ted Rathkopf
From: Ted Rathkopf @ 1999-09-22 19:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

Colin Rafferty <craffert@ms.com> writes:

> Ted Rathkopf writes:
>
> > The last message I received says this:
> >> Date: Wed Sep 22 11:50:52 1999 --400
>
> > But the date on my machine says this:
>
> > Wed Sep 22 11:58:52 EDT 1999
>
> Note that your time zone in your message is screwed up.
>
> I would assume that Gnus is smart enough to recognize the double
> negative, and assumes that it really means +400, which puts the mail
> coming from somewhere in Asia.
>
> Of course, noon in Asia was eight hours earlier than noon in New York
> City.

Makes sense, but this didn't happen before I upgraded from 0.90 to
0.96.  And it's not the fault of the sender, unless *your* time zone
is --400, too.

--
Ted Rathkopf

* Re: X-Sent is incorrect
@ 1999-09-22 21:06     ` Colin Rafferty
From: Colin Rafferty @ 1999-09-22 21:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

In my mailbox, this is what my message said:

>> Date: 22 Sep 1999 15:33:37 -0400

Of course, I'm still in the stone age with 0.84.

If you do `C-u g' do you actually still have the --400?  Is it like
that in your Incoming file?

--
Colin

* Re: X-Sent is incorrect
@ 1999-09-22 21:21     ` Shenghuo ZHU
From: Shenghuo ZHU @ 1999-09-22 21:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

Ted> Makes sense, but this didn't happen before I upgraded from 0.90 to
Ted> 0.96.  And it's not the fault of the sender, unless *your* time zone
Ted> is --400, too.

I believe my patch in Message-ID: <5bhfl28q2p.fsf@giga.cs.rochester.edu>
fixed the --400 problem.

--
Shenghuo ZHU

* Re: X-Sent is incorrect
@ 1999-09-22 21:23       ` Ted Rathkopf
From: Ted Rathkopf @ 1999-09-22 21:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

Colin Rafferty <craffert@ms.com> writes:

> If you do `C-u g' do you actually still have the --400?  Is it like
> that in your Incoming file?

Nope.  Plain old -0400 there.

--
Ted Rathkopf