From: Jan Tatarik <jan.tatarik@gmail.com>
To: ding@gnus.org
Subject: Re: Gnus window configuration with transient buffers
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2013 23:53:08 +0100	[thread overview]

On Fri, Mar 15 2013, David Engster wrote:

> Since I was already kneep-deep in the calendaring business (through
> org-caldav), I'm afraid I also started adding icalendar support to
> Gnus. I didn't publish it yet because I wanted to add the ability to
> accept/decline invitations first, but I pushed it now:

> https://github.com/dengste/gnus-icalendar

I'll have a look.

> I'd like to see your code; maybe we can work together on this, which I
> consider to be the last step to let Gnus finally reign the enterprise.

https://github.com/jtatarik/ical-event

I have no problem with merging or abandoning my code, as long as there's
code that does the job for me.

With what I have right now, you can create/update/cancel a calendar
entry in org file of your choice, just by clicking a button in the gnus
calendar buffer. The org capture template used for creating new entries
is created automatically. As long as you're OK with storing events in
one place, single click does it.