* GCC to nnml: groups?
@ 1999-09-09 16:55 Norman Walsh
From: Norman Walsh @ 1999-09-09 16:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

I asked this a few days ago, and I've tried a few more things, but
I've made no progress. Should this work?

If I add the header

Gcc: nnml:testarc.1999-09

to a message, and then send it, the message doesn't appear in
the nnml:testarc.1999-09 group until I exit gnus and restart it.
I wasn't surprised that it didn't show up until the next time I
did an update (C-u 2 g), but why does it require restarting?
(Would just doing 'g' work? I can't test that because I'm online
through an ISP where I don't collect news.)

                                        Cheers,
                                          norm

--
Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | If you are hankering after
http://nwalsh.com/                 | certainty, you are better advised
                                   | to seek it in religion: the
                                   | stock-in-trade of science is not
                                   | certainty but doubt.--K.C. Cole

* Re: GCC to nnml: groups?
@ 1999-09-10  9:50 ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 1999-09-10  9:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> writes:

> If I add the header
>
> Gcc: nnml:testarc.1999-09
>
> to a message, and then send it, the message doesn't appear in
> the nnml:testarc.1999-09 group until I exit gnus and restart it.
> I wasn't surprised that it didn't show up until the next time I
> did an update (C-u 2 g), but why does it require restarting?

Well, is that group at level 1 or 2?  You can type `S l' on the group
to find out the current level.

Try M-g on that group in the Group buffer.

kai
--
I like BOTH kinds of music.