* mail bug
@ 1996-07-18  3:20 Michael Lamoureux
From: Michael Lamoureux @ 1996-07-18  3:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

after talking a friend into using gnus to read his mail, he reported
this to me, but I forgot about it until just now when it happened to
me.  :-/

if a nnml group created from nnmail-split-methods (maybe other ways
too, I have no way of knowing) only has ONE message in it, the group
doesn't get displayed.  Not one unread message.  One message.

He said that when the second message came in, everything worked fine.
I haven't gotten a second message in this group yet, so I can't say.

version:  XEmacs 19.14 and the gnus it came in on  ;-)

fyi,
Michael

* Re: mail bug
@ 1996-08-28  6:42 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1996-08-28  6:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

Michael Lamoureux <lamour@engin.umich.edu> writes:

> if a nnml group created from nnmail-split-methods (maybe other ways
> too, I have no way of knowing) only has ONE message in it, the group
> doesn't get displayed.  Not one unread message.  One message.

Has anybody else seen this?  I seem to be unable to reproduce it.

* Re: mail bug
@ 1996-08-28 22:02   ` Michael Lamoureux
From: Michael Lamoureux @ 1996-08-28 22:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

 "lars" == Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <larsi@ifi.uio.no> writes:

lars> Michael Lamoureux <lamour@engin.umich.edu> writes:
>> if a nnml group created from nnmail-split-methods (maybe other ways
>> too, I have no way of knowing) only has ONE message in it, the group
>> doesn't get displayed.  Not one unread message.  One message.

lars> Has anybody else seen this?  I seem to be unable to reproduce it.

Well, that's the fun of it.  It only happened to me twice out of about
a dozen groups.  The person who pointed it out to me said that it
didn't happen all the time for him either.  I have no real way to put
parameters on what caused it because I didn't notice it right away
either time.  I do know that all instances of this bug that I'm aware
of happened in the native 19.14 gnus version.

I don't think I've added any new groups since the last time it
happened to me though.  I guess I could try it again, just for kicks,
and see if it happens again...

fyi,
Michael