If you Mouse-1 on the v icon next to the New button, you get a menu of things to create. That should be doable in both Emacs 21 and 22 I think. I think that would be a fine solution until Emacs supports menuable icons. Oddly enough, i couldn't find the v icon in $g. Can you? p.s. I found $g/stock_draw-line-with-arrows.png that we could use in place of our own widen.xpm if the other MH-E developers don't think we should go with the un-zoom icon. -- Bill Wohler http://www.newt.com/wohler/ GnuPG ID:610BD9AD Maintainer of comp.mail.mh FAQ and MH-E. Vote Libertarian! If you're passed on the right, you're in the wrong lane.