From: Jake Colman <colman@ppllc.com>
To: Ted Zlatanov <tzz@lifelogs.com>
Cc: James Cloos <cloos@jhcloos.com>, ding@gnus.org
Subject: Re: error In imap-parse-body 2 (Exchange 2007)
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2008 10:54:20 -0400	[thread overview]

   TZ> I spent time putting the exact message that's causing you trouble into
   TZ> my IMAP server (tried Exchange and Courier) and didn't have any luck
   TZ> triggering the assert.  You'll have to spend more time trying to trigger
   TZ> and fix this, unfortunately.  As a first step, apply this patch so the
   TZ> assert call will tell us where in the IMAP buffer we are and what's
   TZ> around us.  This will be a LARGE debug statement so do it right after
   TZ> you start Gnus, to diminish the amount of data that's getting sent out,
   TZ> and then don't use it anymore (remove it and restart Gnus).

Ted,

I have not yet had a chance to try this patch but perhaps you can try
the following:

1) Forward an email that you have received but with a gcc-self.
2) In the folder that is the target of the gcc-self, you will get a copy
   of the forwarded email.  This email should be formatted as an
   attachment.
3) Try reading that email.

This sequence of steps will always trigger the problem on my Exchange
2007 server.

James - can you try this too?

...Jake

--