From: Jake Colman <colman@ppllc.com>
Subject: spam/ham processing
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 20:50:13 -0500	[thread overview]

I am getting a bit confused, although I think that I am almost there.

1) If a folder is declared a spam folder, and I set up a spam exit processor,
   the contents of that folder will be sent to spam processor so that it can
   be trained as spam.  Eventually, in an ideal world, I would expect all
   those messages to go directly to my general spambox as soon as they are
   seen, since my processor has been trained, and not even hit this folder.
   Is this correct?

2) In a spam folder, the default mark is the spam mark.  How do I mark
   sonmething as ham?  When I exit the folder, if I have specified both hm
   and spam exit processors, will both kinds of message be sent out to be
   trained?

3) In a spam folder, the default action is to expire the spam contents.  What
   is the default action for the ham?

4) My spambox has the following configuration

((uidvalidity . "71437")
 (timestamp 16288 15245)
 (total-expire . t)
 (spam-contents gnus-group-spam-classification-spam)
 (spam-process
  (gnus-group-spam-exit-processor-bogofilter gnus-group-ham-exit-processor-bogofilter))
 (ham-process-destination . "nnimap+hamilton:INBOX/Misc")
 (ham-marks
  (gnus-read-mark))
 (expiry-wait . immediate))

   If I mark something in there as ham, by pressing 'd' and changing the mark
   to 'r', it should be moved to Misc box.  Instead, it disappared.  How do I
   figure out what happned to it?

5) I guess all groups should speicy both a ham and spam exit processor, no?
   This way all group's contents can be used for training.  The default
   classification for the folder (ham/spam) should reflect the status of the
   majortity of the mesages sent to that folder.  Does this make sense?

TIA!

...Jake

--
Jake Colman

Principia Partners LLC                    Phone: (201) 209-2467
Harborside Financial Center                 Fax: (201) 946-0320
902 Plaza Two                          E-mail: colman@ppllc.com
Jersey City, NJ 07311                 www.principiapartners.com