* nnimap: invalid data on line 1
@ 2003-10-24 15:39 Jake Colman
From: Jake Colman @ 2003-10-24 15:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

For no reason that I can discern, I am periodically getting "invalid data on
line 1" errors when entering an nnimap group.  This happens randomly and on
any of the nnimap groups,not just a specific one.  When I get the error, I am
dropped back to the Groups buffer.  Also, any of the cached ("!") messages in
the group are all showing as "O".

I tried toggle-debug-on-error get a backtrace but it didn't do anything.
This might be because it is not a lisp error per se but a controlled error
message from the elsip code.

This is happening often and randomly.  When it happens, none of my other
groups will work. Thet all get the same error.  The only solutuon is to exit
XEmacs (not just Gnus) and restart.  Then it all works again - until the next
time.

Is there anything I can turn on that will log a trace until such time as I
get the error?  Or something I can turn on after I get the error so that I
can trace it when I try to enter the group a seconf time and force the error
again?  Can I somehow set a breakpoint at the line that generates the
"invalid data" message so thjat I can dump a backtrace when the error occurst
and have someone read it?

Someone has to help me here, please!

--
Jake Colman

Principia Partners LLC                    Phone: (201) 209-2467
Harborside Financial Center                 Fax: (201) 946-0320
902 Plaza Two                          E-mail: colman@ppllc.com
Jersey City, NJ 07311                 www.principiapartners.com

only message in thread, other threads:[~2003-10-24 15:39 UTC | newest]