* Topic Problem - Help!
@ 2003-07-11 16:26 Jake Colman
From: Jake Colman @ 2003-07-11 16:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

I always use Topic mode.  I accidentally hit some key sequence and thought
that a number of entries disappeared.  I just realized that an entire topic
is missing.   If I go out of topic mode the missing groups are listed and
have unread emails.  If I enter topic mode I cannot see those groups.  How do
I get them back?

--
Jake Colman

Principia Partners LLC                  Phone: (201) 209-2467
Harborside Financial Center               Fax: (201) 946-0320
902 Plaza Two                          E-mail: colman@ppllc.com
Jersey City, NJ 07311                  www.principiapartners.com

* Re: Topic Problem - Help!
@ 2003-07-12  8:46 ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2003-07-12  8:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

Jake Colman <colman@ppllc.com> writes:

> I always use Topic mode.  I accidentally hit some key sequence and thought
> that a number of entries disappeared.  I just realized that an entire topic
> is missing.   If I go out of topic mode the missing groups are listed and
> have unread emails.  If I enter topic mode I cannot see those groups.  How do
> I get them back?

Maybe Gnus is hiding empty topics?  What does `L' say?  Do the groups
appear then?  You could also tell Gnus not to hide empty topics.

--
~/.signature

* Re: Topic Problem - Help!
@ 2003-07-14 13:25   ` Jake Colman
From: Jake Colman @ 2003-07-14 13:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

No, they do not show up with an 'L' (the first thing I tried).  They only
show up when topic mode is toggled off.  Is it possible that I deleted the
topic category?  What would happen in that case? Would the groups that had
been assigned to that topic become invisible unless topic mode was toggled
off?  If that's the case do I simply recreate the topic and reassign the
groups?