* gnus and levels, just my little tweak
@ 2012-08-07 13:15 Richard Riley
From: Richard Riley @ 2012-08-07 13:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

I asked a while ago about pulling form one level only - well it turns
out there is a one level only parameter ...

I now set my "slow" connections (gmail imap) to level 5, the groups I
want to read always and frequently to level 2 and others somewhere in
between. When I hit "g" it gets level 2 and only level 2. If I hit C-u 5
it gets my gmaail and only my gmail. Works for me.

,----
| (define-key gnus-group-mode-map [(g)]  (lambda()(interactive)(gnus-group-get-new-news (if current-prefix-arg current-prefix-arg 2) (when current-prefix-arg 1))))
`----

As usual with gnus there are hundreds of permutations and combinations
on how to approach this kind of thing!

Im sure Ill change it all around again at a later date but for now this
does what I wanted : any I want to pull in with my "often read news"
would get set as 1 or 2 in this case so only "g" brings it in.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2012-08-07 13:15 UTC | newest]