* Subscribing new groups using nnimap backend
@ 2004-09-27  1:52 Hiroshi Fujishima
From: Hiroshi Fujishima @ 2004-09-27  1:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi, I'm using No Gnus 0.3 with courier-imap-3.0.8.
Here is my configuration:

(setq gnus-select-method
      '(nnimap "localhost"
	       (nnimap-stream shell)
	       (imap-shell-program "/usr/local/courier-imap/bin/imapd ~/Maildir 2>> ~/imapderr")))
(setq gnus-auto-subscribed-groups ".")

(A)
	(setq gnus-check-new-newsgroups 'ask-server) ;; default
	(setq gnus-read-active-file 'some) ;; default

(B)
	(setq gnus-check-new-newsgroups t)
	(setq gnus-read-active-file t)

If gnus-{check-new-newsgroups,read-active-file} variables are setted
as (A), Gnus doesen't subscribe any new groups.  So I setting these
variables as (B). It cause that Gnus subscribes new groups.  But this
also cause Gnus doesn't check the number of unread articles[*].  Any
idea?

Thanks.

[*] Please assume you are using multiple IMAP clients.  Gnus can't
    deal with the number of unread articles after you read the article
    the client which is not Gnus.

--
Hiroshi Fujishima

only message in thread, other threads:[~2004-09-27  1:52 UTC | newest]