From: Manuel Carro <mcarro@fi.upm.es>
To: ding@gnus.org
Subject: Downloading 'Read' messaged via IMAP
Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2011 10:45:28 +0200	[thread overview]

Hi.  I am using GNUS to access several mail accounts through IMAP and
_download_ the mail to my laptop to have it always available and read /
answer even if I am online.

I wanted to use some (Android) application(s) to get mail notifications
and access it via IMAP.  However, these applications mark messages as
'Read' in the server (didn't see any way to disallow it).  GNUS would
not download it, ten.  After marking mail as unread in the server
(through a web interface), then GNUS downloads it.  I didn't find anyway
to prevent the mail from being marked as 'Read' on the Android side.

Is there a way / option to tell GNUS to download mail which has been
marked as 'Read'?  I would not mind patching a bit the sources, but I'd
need a hint of where to start.  I had a quick look at the sources and
didn't see a clear place where downloading of IMAP mail is done.  I am
using NoGnus V 0.16, commit 431eb51d120f2fa3180a77fb9cc103fe815302e0 .

If it helps, this is part of what my mail source definition looks like:

(setq mail-sources
   '(
    ; IMDEA Software local server.
        (imap   :server     "software.imdea.org"
                :user       "manuel.carro"
                :port       "imaps"
                :stream      'tls
        )
    ; More similar lines follow...
    )
)

I am using nnml as backed for the virtual server.

Thanks in advance!
|  Manuel Carro --- Facultad de Informática -- U. Politécnica de Madrid (UPM)  |
|       Campus de Montegancedo --- E-28660 Boadilla del Monte --- Spain        |
|          Phone: +34-91-336-3742 ext 4140 --- FAX: +34-91-336-5018            |